is a sexologist with a bio-psycho-social approach. He graduated as a medical doctor from the Tehran University of Medical Sciences in Iran. Following his vision of becoming a Sexologist, he moved to the UK to seek training and specialisation. He was admitted to the Porterbrook Clinic in Sheffield – an international centre of excellence in Psychosexual Therapy/Medicine – and received his qualification in Sex and Relationship Therapy in 2009. In 2011, he was awarded accreditation by the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT) and was elected to serve as a Trustee to this organisation in 2012.
Pursuing further advanced training in Sexual Medicine, he has attended the world renowned ESSM Oxford Sexual Medicine Course where he received a comprehensive and rigorous training in various aspects of Sexual Medicine. In 2012, he was awarded the prestigious title of “Fellow of European Committee on Sexual Medicine (FECSM)” by the Multidisciplinary Joint Committee on Sexual Medicine (MJCSM).
Alireza has been actively involved in the field of Education along with studying and practising medicine. He has been an instructor and consultant in schools for many years. In recent years, he has been focusing on the intersection of Education and Sexuality. Supporting sexual educators and the provision of sex education, he has been contributing as a member of the Executive Committee and Advisory Board of the British Association of Sexual Educators (BASE) since 2008.
Alireza is currently a PhD candidate at the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge, where he is investigating the cultural and religious aspects of sexual health and education. His project focuses on young British Muslims’ experiences with formal and informal sex education.
- Culture, Religion and Sexuality
- Gender and Masculinities
- Sexuality and Young People
- Sexual Health and Education
- Sexual, Relational and Marital Therapy
- Sexual Medicine
- Life, Life Stories
Membership of Professional Bodies and Associations
- Fellow of European Committee on Sexual Medicine (FECSM)
- Trustee and Accredited member of the College of Sexual and Relationship Therapists (COSRT)
- Member of the advisory board and executive committee of the British Association of Sexual Educators (BASE)
- Member of the European Society for Sexual Medicine (ESSM)
- Member of the Sheffield Society for the Study of Sexuality and Relationships (SSSSR)